Indie Know Club Ts&Cs
Competition Terms & Conditions, Version 2..2
Last revised on: 28/01/2019
- The promoter is: Indie Bay Snacks Ltd (Trading name of Bonas Snacks Ltd. company no. 10295153) whose registered office is at C/O Bonas & Co Thavies Inn House 3-4 Holborn Circus, London, United Kingdom, EC1N 2PL
- The promotion "Indie Know Club" is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Bonas Snacks Ltd and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee associated with membership of the Indie Know Club
- By submitting an application for membership, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to membership application and details of how to enter are found here.
- Closing date for application submissions will be Tuesday 15/10/2019
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason, technical or otherwise.
- The rules of the application process are as follows
Entrants must complete, in its entirety, the form found here. All applicants will be granted membership of the "Indie Know Club" but only 300 of those applicants will be selected to receive free samples of Indie Bay Snacks' new product.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotionand these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- 300 samples will be sent to selected applicants, who will be selected on the grounds outlined below.
- Those selected for samples will be chosen according to the quality of their answers, and their willingness to post user generated content in connection with the promotion. No other criteria will be used.
- Applicants chosen to receive free samples will be contact by email within one week of the closing date of the promotion.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promotion and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Indie Bay Snacks Ltd shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- Indie Bay Snacks Ltd also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products and services;
- to process and deliver the contest entries and rewards;
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- to link or combine user information with other personal data;
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- to provide and deliver products and services at customers request.
- to track user demographics such as geography, age, gender.
LEGAL BASIS OF DATA PROCESSING
Outside of using your data to ensure we fulfil any and all responsibilities we have to you as a consumer (fulfilling orders, contacting you concerning orders, product recall) we may process your data for the following reasons and on the following legal basis:
- in order to optimise our marketing stragies (including but not limited to demographic analysis, geographic analysis, device use analysis) under the understanding that you have given explicit consent for us to do so. Where consent has not be secured, it will be actively sought.
- in order to optimise our database, through archiving of held data. For example we may remove obsolete email addresses from our mailing list through archiving. Substantive changes to your data, such as deletion from the same list, will not be carried out without explicit consent, or at your request.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain you personal data for internal use:
- data will be retained (and protected) indefinitely, until the user notifies us that they wish to have their details struck from our database
- unsubscription will prevent the recepit of marekting emails, but we retain the right to use unsubscribed users' emails for emergency pruposes, or in cases where product recall necessitates email contact with relevant parties.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies outside Indie Bay Snacks as trading name of Bonas Snacks Limited except under the following circumstances:
- With your explicit consent. For example, you may let us share personal data with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or substantially all of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes;
- to comply with laws or any regulatory obligation;
- to respond to lawful requests and legal processes;
- in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/ or anonymised data with others for their own uses.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using our site, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
HOW TO EDIT, DELETE OR ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out of date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given above, or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right, in the event of a greivance, to complain directly to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Methods of contact can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
You also have the right to object to the use of your data within any profiliing or automated decision making programs that we may run. In the event that we undertake to run such programs, we will notify all parties with appropriate information as pertinent to Article 22 of the GDPR.