Pretzel Snickers Bar Recipe
Pretzel Snickers Bar Recipe
Yasmin Wakefield, AKA Nourishing Yas created this months indie recipe. She describes it as “a chewy peanut butter caramel bar that’s jam packed with peanuts and pretzel bites, all encased in a layer of delicious dark chocolate. The Rock Salt pretzels pair fantastically with the sweet caramel and provides a satisfying crunch which makes these bars so addictive.”
Yas is a 20-year-old plant-based recipe developer, certified Health & Wellness Influencer and active member of our Indie Community. She initially started blogging to document her recovery from Anorexia, at a time when she had transitioned to a plant-based diet. As a result, she fell in love with plant-based cooking and her excitement towards food was reignited.
Since then, Yas has created a plethora of delicious recipes including this month’s delight. If you’d like to see more of her creations you can take a look on her Instagram and blog. We’d love to see you have a go at this recipe too. Tag your creations on social @indiebaysnacks #HappySnacking
INGREDIENTS FOR THE RECIPE
For the peanut nougat layer
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 2 tbsps chocolate protein powder (or sub extra oats)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 70g oat flour
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 tbsps nut milk
For the pretzel peanut caramel
- 175g med jool dates
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g roasted peanuts
- 1 pack rock salt spelt pretzel bites Or NEW choc bites, for even more choc!
For the chocolate coating
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- Start by making the nougat bar. Add all of the bar ingredients to the blender and blitz until the mix comes together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and using your hands, divide in to 6 equal balls. Shape each of the balls in to a bar. Place the bars on to a sheet of grease proof paper and in to the freezer to set.
- Make the date caramel by adding the dates, peanut butter and vanilla extract to the blender along with 3 tbsps water and blend until smooth and creamy. Once smooth, stir the peanuts and pretzel bites in to the caramel until fully coated.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and top each with a layer of the date caramel. Return to the freezer to set for 2 hours. When the caramel is almost set, start to prepare the chocolate coating.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a small pan and set over a low heat until melted. Remove the bars from the freezer and coat each in a layer of chocolate. Repeat until the bars are coated 2-3 times, depending on your preferred thickness of chocolate.
- Return to the freezer to set for 30 minutes. Thaw slightly at room temperature before eating, enjoy.
If you’d like to try more of our featured recipes you can also check out our
Pumpkin Spiced Vegan Muffins
Bite Size Pretzel Peanut Butter Cup Cakes