Top 10 Small Businesses
Top 10 Small Businesses
With lockdown restrictions easing, I think its important to start thinking about a normal life resuming.
I have learnt so much about myself and what’s really important from this pandemic but from an economy point of view one thing I’ve learnt for sure is how important it is to support smaller businesses. I am on a mission to encourage as many people as possible to visit independent bars, shops & restaurants (in line with the government guidance). I have found myself making conscious decisions in order to do my bit and support them where I can; e.g. small things that I would usually buy from Amazon (mainly for convenience), I now make sure I scan the internet to find similar items from a smaller business who I know will appreciate my order so much more, or ordering a takeaway from an independent restaurant instead of a larger well known restaurant chain.
With that in mind, I have put together a list of my top 10 favourite small businesses in the UK!
- The Secret Garden Florist.
- A stunning bespoke lifestyle florist based in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire but available to ship to anywhere in the UK.
- They do weddings, parties, gifts, bespoke bouquets & so much more.
- Instagram handle: @theonlinesecretgarden.
- The Other Cup
- An independent speciality coffee house based in Newton Abbot, Devon.
- Serving spectacular coffee, cakes, sandwiches & salads. 100% worth a visit if you’re in the area, and very friendly staff too!
- Instagram handle: @theothercup
- Pasta Loco
- An incredible Italian based in Bristol.
- I have never tasted better pasta, so fresh! This was my go to when I was at university. It is so homely inside and feels extra special as there’s a different menu every day – exciting!
- Instagram handle: @pastaloco
- Soho Joe’s
- Bar nestled away in the small streets of Soho, London.
- If you’re in the mood to sit outside in the quirky streets of Soho, sipping on an Aperol Spritz then this is the bar for you. The owners are so nice and they do great pizza!
- Instagram handle: @sohojoeuk
- Anchor Stone Cafe
- If you’re ever in sunny South Devon and fancy the freshest of fish, then here is the dream spot.
- A family run restaurant with the friendliest staff paired with the most stunning view of the River Dart. Oh, and the wine is pretty good too!
- Website: https://anchorstonecafe.co.uk/
- Pear Tree Café
- Situated in the heart of Battersea Park this is the perfect stop off point for a coffee and a sandwich… or a beer!
- They have been open for take away during the pandemic so be sure to go and say hey.
- Instagram handle: @pear.tree.cafe
- Wax and Lash
- A gorgeous beautician based in Holtspur, Buckinghamshire.
- If you need your brows, lashes or nails done then these are your ladies! Their Spotify playlists are always on point too.
- Instagram handle: @waxandlashbar
- Delish freshly made kebabs
- These guys are based in Battersea and Islington, and serve the best kebabs, flat breads and salads I’ve ever tasted. Such a happy, low key and buzzing vibe in there too.
- Instagram handle: @bababoomlondon
- The Roald Dahl Museum & Story centre
- This is one for a kid’s day out. Situated in a beautiful quaint town called Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire.
- It is bursting with stories, fun, gift shops and the most amazing café that serves Whizzpopper Hot chocolates!
- Instagram handle: @roalddahlmusuem
- A Thai Grill & Seafood restaurant in Soho, London.
- I have never tasted such fragrant food, the smell hits you as soon as you walk in. This restaurant is small but extremely mighty.
- Every day the menu is different, bringing you the most fresh fish ever. If you like spice and funky cocktails then I really recommend this place.
- Instagram handle: @kilnsoho